Sun, 19 Sept|
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre
19th Sept: BEYOND BEGINNER skate skills 14+
If you've nailed the fundamental skills, (or most of them) you're ready for this class! No Skate Hire.
Time & Location
19 Sept 2021, 17:30 – 19:00
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK
About The Event
To get the most from this session, we suggest you can already:
- roll forwards and lemon / bubble
- starting to roll backwards
- can perform one stop
- can fall safely
- starting to turn
- Ability levels for this class is very very wide, so our team will do their best to support you to make progress.
What will we learn?
We will cover a range of skills, including: stopping, skating backwards, transitions, crossovers, jumping and more. There are lots of technical points in all roller skate skills to ensure you have good technique. Many of these skills will likely take months or years to perform confidently on a range of surfaces from high speed.
You will need all your own equipment including any protective gear. Helmets are not madatory but advised if you feel more confident to wear one.
How do I find the venue?
The Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre is near Sheepscar Interchange on Chapeltown road. Drive in through the ornate gates and up the slope to the sports hall at the back of the site. There is plenty of free parking outside the front of the sports centre. Bus stops are right outside the gate.
Please wait in the hallway outside the sports hall until invited in, as we will be finishing the earlier class.
Terms and Conditions of booking:
- This session is for age 14+ only.
- Masks must be worn inside the sports centre and toilets. There is no need to wear a face mask in the main sports hall. Please continue to practise social distancing as you put your kit on.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
- We assume you are well and there are no reasons you should not be roller skating.
- We are happy to refund tickets if you tell us by email more than 48 hours in advance of the class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org We are not able to accept cancellations via social media DMs.
Do not attend OR participate in group/team sports or practice if:
- You are feeling ill. Symptoms of the coronavirus can include fever (temperature of 100.0 as defined by the CDC), cough, difficulty breathing, and other symptoms as outlined by the NHS website.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
- If unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your health care provider.
Beyond Beginner 14+
Regular class on Sundays 5.30pm - 7pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre£12.00