Fri, 24 Jun|
Beginner Roller Dance 17+
Like to dance when no-one is looking or not sure how to dance on your wheels? We got you covered at this class! Suitable for non-dancers. No hire skates available.
Time & Location
24 Jun 2022, 19:00 – 20:00
Leeds, Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, 8-10 Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK
About The Event
Please note: There is NO Skate Hire for dance classes
What will we learn? Are you looking to level up your roller skating and improve your co-ordination and control? Roller dance is a great way to do this - we will teach you some different movements you can practise at home (roller dance is also small space friendly) - and we will learn a few dances so we are disco ready!
We will learn a series of fundamental movements and drill these to support your confidence.
The sessions will build on each other, so we suggest you attend as many as possible!
We are also offering a combined ticket, so once you have had your session, head downstairs to join in with the Friday Night Social.
To get the most from this class, you should be able to roll forwards, stand still and step from side to side. If you feel wobbly, you should know to bend your knees. Rolling backwards is a bonus.
Make sure you wear any protective pads you need to feel safe - we are all at different stages in our journey, and better to be safe than to bruise your knees.
How do I find the venue?
The Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre is near Sheepscar Interchange on Chapeltown road. Drive in through the ornate gates and up the slope to the sports hall at the back of the site.
There is plenty of free parking outside the front of the sports centre. Bus stops are right outside the gate.
Our class is in the upstairs room.
Ticket Terms and Conditions:
- Please check if you are able to hire skates / require your own skates as we do not provide hire skates for every class.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a guardian or responsible adult
- All children aged 11 and under must wear full protection during skating sessions
- All identities and genders are welcome.
- We welcome inline skaters. Skateboards, scooters and heelys are not allowed.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
- We assume you are well and there are no reasons you should not be roller skating.
- Published event times reflect venue availability time - you may be asked to remove your skates up to 15 minutes before the published end time in order for us to clear the venue on time.
- We are happy to refund tickets if you tell us by email more than 24 hours in advance of the class. Please email email@example.com We are not able to accept cancellations via social media DMs.
- By booking you will also need to accept our cancellation, COVID and respect policies as well as our liability waiver
- You undertake all activity at your own risk. Roller Girl Gang cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury.
By booking a ticket, we will assume you are well and there are no reasons you should not be roller skating.
It is impossible to provide an exhaustive list of conditions which would prevent you from skating. If you are in any doubt regarding your fitness to skate, please consult a medical professional before booking a ticket.
If you feel you have a reason, medical or otherwise that your skating ability may be impaired, you must inform a member of the RGG team at the start of the session
If after talking with a member of the team you decide not to skate, no refund will be given unless the required 24 hr notice period has been met.
- Do not attend OR participate in group/team sports or practice if You are feeling ill. Symptoms of the coronavirus can include fever (temperature of 38 celsius), cough, difficulty breathing, and other symptoms as outlined by the NHS website.
- If you have been exposed to Coronavirus, please follow the latest government guidelines for advice on whether you should attend
- If unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your health care provider.
- COVID safety procedures may change at short notice due to changing government guidelines or differing policies across our venues. Please respect our staff and volunteers by following any directions given by them to help keep everybody safe.
- Ticket type
Beginner Roller Dance Only
For ages 17+ 7 - 8pm Upstairs @ Ramgarhia Sports Centre 8-10 Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UKPrice£8.00
- Ticket type
Roller Dance + Social Entry
For ages 17+ 7 - 8pm Upstairs @ Ramgarhia Sports Centre 8-10 Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK Enjoy the class, then head downstairs to practise your moves!Price£12.50