Sun, 01 Oct|
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre
Beginner Roller Skate 17+
Suitable for those with little or no experience on roller skates. We will support you to feel more confident on your wheels. Tickets - £12 /Skate hire - £2
Time & Location
01 Oct, 14:30 – 16:00 BST
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, 8-10 Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK
About The Event
Suitable for complete beginners
Absolutely no previous roller skate experience is needed to attend this class. We warmly welcome those who are starting their roller skate journey.
Numbers are limited to ensure we can keep an optimum student to Skate Coach ratio.
Skate hire (including protective pads) available - please ensure you purchase a separate Skate hire ticket for each person requiring skates.
Please note: The coaching in this class will end up to 10 minutes before the session end to allow for the removal of skates and protection within the session time.
What will we learn?
We will have an instructor to look after our newest roller skaters. Otherwise our instructor team will assess your current skate level and support you with developing your skills.
Each week we will cover different skills designed to build your confidence in all areas, including:
- getting started
- falling safely
- how to skate backwards
- and a whole lot more!
Remember: Roller skate skills can take months to develop, depending on the skill you want to learn.
What is the difference between a “Practise session” and the other classes you run?
A practise session contains a rink area to skate in an anti-clockwise direction and a cone area will be available for practise throughout the session. Whilst our coaches are available to give tips, this is a session for you to practise independantly.
Classes are structured sessions and are designed to take you through progression of skills - see the separate class descriptions for more details on what the class will cover.
How do I find the venue?
The Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre is near Sheepscar Interchange on Chapeltown road. Drive in through the ornate gates and up the slope to the sports hall at the back of the site.
There is plenty of free parking outside the front of the sports centre. Bus stops are right outside the gate.
Please wait in the hallway outside the sports hall until invited in, as we will be finishing the earlier class.
Ticket Terms and Conditions:
- Please check if you are able to hire skates / require your own skates as we do not provide hire skates for every class.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a guardian or responsible adult
- All identities and genders are welcome.
- We welcome inline skaters. Skateboards, scooters and heelys are not allowed.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
- Published event times reflect venue availability time - you may be asked to remove your skates up to 15 minutes before the published end time in order for us to clear the venue on time.
- We are happy to refund/reschedule tickets if you tell us by email more than 24 hours in advance of the class. Please email email@example.com We are not able to accept cancellations via social media DMs.
- By booking you accept our cancellation, COVID and respect policies as well as our liability waiver
- You undertake all activity at your own risk. Roller Girl Gang cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury.
By booking a ticket, we will assume you are well and there are no reasons you should not be roller skating.
It is impossible to provide an exhaustive list of conditions which would prevent you from skating. If you are in any doubt regarding your fitness to skate, please consult a medical professional before booking a ticket.
If you feel you have a reason, medical or otherwise that your skating ability may be impaired, you must inform a member of the RGG team at the start of the session
If after talking with a member of the team you decide not to skate, no refund will be given unless the required 24 hr notice period has been met.
- If you have been exposed to Coronavirus, please follow the latest government guidelines for advice on whether you should attend
- If unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your health care provider.
- COVID safety procedures may change at short notice due to changing government guidelines or differing policies across our venues. Please respect our staff and volunteers by following any directions given by them to help keep everybody safe.
Beginner Roller Skate 17+
Regular Sunday Class 2:30pm - 4:00 pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK£12.00Sold Out
Beginner Roller Skate +hire
Skate hire up to UK size 15 included on a first come first served basis only Regular Sunday Class 2:30pm - 4:00 pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK£15.00Sold Out
This event is sold out