Sun, 10 Dec|
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre
Better Together - Group skating Workshop 17+
Workshops for skaters who have fundamental skills and wish to carry on improving. Session Focus: Let's skate in a train formation and in 2s and 3s - a perfect session to make new friends or bring a skate mate to
Time & Location
10 Dec, 17:30 – 19:00
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, 8-10 Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK
About The Event
Workshops for skaters who have already learnt the fundamentals and wish to continue learning
These sessions are designed to help you progress on your roller skating journey, by introducing new skill and practising and refining skills you already have.
This session will focus on the following Skill (we may also cover other skills in addition to the main focus):
"Skating is always better together - This workshop we'll show you different ways to skate in a train and work in groups of 2s and 3 to skate together. Have fun learning how to skate in a duo, trio or even more skaters. There is something special about being coordinated and moving as one when skating with friends or a small group.
You don’t need to bring anyone else with you to participate in this session. You can partner up with other participants or members of our team to practice the moves"
To get the most from this session, we suggest you can already:
- roll forwards and lemon / bubble
- starting to roll backwards
- can stop with some control
- can fall safely
- starting to turn
General things to remember
- The ability level for this class is very very wide, we will help you identify your next steps for progression.
- Emphasis in this class is on good technique
- Growth mindset in our skaters is encouraged - this class is designed to push you out of your comfort zone, however all exercises are optional.
- Many of these skills will likely take months or years to perform confidently on a range of surfaces and from high speed - this class gives you the opportunity to practise with coaching support.
- While we would love you to take part in the whole session, our approach is person-centered. That means you do what feels safe for you.
What size hire skates do I need?
We recommend you ask for your regular shoe size. If you try skates on and they're not right for you, we are happy to swap them. Our skate hire is available in full sizes only, from UK 3 - UK 15. You no longer need to book a specific ticket to tell us what size you require.
I have a Skate Pass, do I still need to book?
Yes, please still book your spot for FNS, and have your digital Skate Pass ready to show at check-in. Please remember that if you are not able to make it, our cancellation policy does still apply.
Can I bring my own refreshments?
Yes of course. We want to keep this skate space alcohol free, so ask you do not bring alcohol to consume on the premises, including the car park. If you bring your own water bottle, we are able to refill this for you for free. We also have a small selection of soft drinks for sale. Should you spill your drink, please let a marshall know straight away. Please make sure you are not eating and drinking while you skate, that includes chewing gum.
I wear inline skates, can I come?
Yup. We welcome all wheely-booted folks.
I don't identify as a girl, can I come?
Absolutely! Roller Girl Gang was founded and is run by women, with the support of our fantastic volunteer team, to provide better access to roller skating for all genders and identities, especially marginalised folks.
Can I collect my shop order?
You absolutely can, providing you have made the order with sufficient time for the team to plan this. You can contact the shop directly on +44 7479 430404 .
How do I find the venue?
The Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre is near Sheepscar Interchange on Chapeltown road. Drive in through the ornate gates and up the slope to the sports hall at the back of the site.
There is plenty of free parking outside the front of the sports centre. Bus stops are right outside the gate.
Please wait in the hallway outside the sports hall until invited in, as we will be finishing the earlier class.
Ticket Terms and Conditions:
- Please check if you are able to hire skates / require your own skates as we do not provide hire skates for every class.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a guardian or responsible adult
- All identities and genders are welcome.
- We welcome inline skaters. Skateboards, scooters and heelys are not allowed.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
- Published event times reflect venue availability time - you may be asked to remove your skates up to 15 minutes before the published end time in order for us to clear the venue on time.
- We are happy to refund/reschedule tickets if you tell us by email more than 24 hours in advance of the class. Please email email@example.com We are not able to accept cancellations via social media DMs.
- By booking you accept our cancellation, COVID and respect policies as well as our liability waiver
- You undertake all activity at your own risk. Roller Girl Gang cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury.
By booking a ticket, we will assume you are well and there are no reasons you should not be roller skating.
It is impossible to provide an exhaustive list of conditions which would prevent you from skating. If you are in any doubt regarding your fitness to skate, please consult a medical professional before booking a ticket.
If you feel you have a reason, medical or otherwise that your skating ability may be impaired, you must inform a member of the RGG team at the start of the session
If after talking with a member of the team you decide not to skate, no refund will be given unless the required 24 hr notice period has been met.
Skate Skills workshop +hire
Skate hire included on a first come first served basis only Regular class on Sundays 5.30pm - 7pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK£15.00
Skate Skills workshop 17+
Regular class on Sundays 5.30pm - 7pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK£12.00