Sun, 01 Oct|
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre
Got to Turn Around Workshop 17+
Workshops for skaters who have fundamental skills and wish to carry on improving and learning. Session focus: Transitions and turning around - we know a lot of ways of turning around! Let us share some of these with you so you can choose a way to turn in every situation.
Time & Location
01 Oct, 17:30 – 19:00
Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre, 8-10 Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK
About The Event
Workshops for skaters who have already learnt the fundamentals and wish to continue learning
These sessions are designed to help you progress on your roller skating journey, by introducing new skill and practising and refining skills you already have.
This session will focus on the following Skill (we may also cover other skills in addition to the main focus):
General Skills and requests: Transitions and turning around. There are lots of different ways of turning around, and we have different preferences. It's also fun to try turning around at different speeds! As with all our classes, we aim to build confidence through roller skating, so you can take your skates and feel confident in most spaces.
To get the most from this session, we suggest you can already:
- roll forwards and lemon / bubble
- starting to roll backwards
- can stop with some control
- can fall safely
- starting to turn
General things to remember
- The ability level for this class is very very wide, we will help you identify your next steps for progression.
- Emphasis in this class is on good technique
- Growth mindset in our skaters is encouraged - this class is designed to push you out of your comfort zone, however all exercises are optional.
- Many of these skills will likely take months or years to perform confidently on a range of surfaces and from high speed - this class gives you the opportunity to practise with coaching support.
- While we would love you to take part in the whole session, our approach is person-centered. That means you do what feels safe for you.
How do I find the venue?
The Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre is near Sheepscar Interchange on Chapeltown road. Drive in through the ornate gates and up the slope to the sports hall at the back of the site.
There is plenty of free parking outside the front of the sports centre. Bus stops are right outside the gate.
Please wait in the hallway outside the sports hall until invited in, as we will be finishing the earlier class.
Ticket Terms and Conditions:
- Please check if you are able to hire skates / require your own skates as we do not provide hire skates for every class.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a guardian or responsible adult
- All identities and genders are welcome.
- We welcome inline skaters. Skateboards, scooters and heelys are not allowed.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
- Published event times reflect venue availability time - you may be asked to remove your skates up to 15 minutes before the published end time in order for us to clear the venue on time.
- We are happy to refund/reschedule tickets if you tell us by email more than 24 hours in advance of the class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org We are not able to accept cancellations via social media DMs.
- By booking you accept our cancellation, COVID and respect policies as well as our liability waiver
- You undertake all activity at your own risk. Roller Girl Gang cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury.
By booking a ticket, we will assume you are well and there are no reasons you should not be roller skating.
It is impossible to provide an exhaustive list of conditions which would prevent you from skating. If you are in any doubt regarding your fitness to skate, please consult a medical professional before booking a ticket.
If you feel you have a reason, medical or otherwise that your skating ability may be impaired, you must inform a member of the RGG team at the start of the session
If after talking with a member of the team you decide not to skate, no refund will be given unless the required 24 hr notice period has been met.
- If you have been exposed to Coronavirus, please follow the latest government guidelines for advice on whether you should attend
- If unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your health care provider.
- COVID safety procedures may change at short notice due to changing government guidelines or differing policies across our venues. Please respect our staff and volunteers by following any directions given by them to help keep everybody safe.
Skate Skills workshop 17+
Regular class on Sundays 5.30pm - 7pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK£12.00
Skate Skills workshop +hire
Skate hire included on a first come first served basis only Regular class on Sundays 5.30pm - 7pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK£15.00