Sat, 29 Apr|
Wigan Roller Rink
RGG on tour - Wigan Dance Workshop 14+
Roller Dance Workshop - How to Freestyle Freestyle dancing should be just that - an enjoyable and fun experience. If you've ever worried about how you look, come to this workshop led by Mel. We will work through different techniques so you feel confident to dance in your own way. Beginner+
Time & Location
29 Apr 2023, 16:30 – 18:30
Wigan Roller Rink , Unit 2, Eckersley Mill, Swan Meadow Rd, Wigan WN3 5BD, UK
About The Event
We want skaters to feel empowered and confident to move freely in a way that makes their bodies feel good. In discussion though, many skaters feel inhibited - the exact opposite! There are many reasons for this, from not knowing what to do, to worrying about what others' think.
What will we learn?
Join this brand new workshop, created this year, to support skaters from wallflower to smashing that confidence barrier. There are many tips and techniques to support your skating and movement, both by yourself and with others.
To get the most from this workshop, we suggest you are at least Beginner + level.
That means you are able to stand still, step side to side, roll forward, can control your speed, and fall safely. If you are not quite at this skill level, you will still be able to join in, but you may find some of the content challenging. If you are beyond this level, we have lots of options for you! Our experienced coach team will demonstrate and teach movements at different skill levels so you can find what feels right for you.
We value personal growth. Workshops are designed to push you out of your comfort zone, so do be prepared to feel uncomfortable at times! It is part of the process. All the techniques will require practise in order to embed them into your muscle memory. Depending on your background and how often you are able to practise, it could take months or years, which is why we say 'enjoy the journey'.
See you there!
Ticket Terms and Conditions:
- Please check if you are able to hire skates / require your own skates as we do not provide hire skates for every class.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a guardian or responsible adult
- All children aged 11 and under must wear full protection during skating sessions
- All identities and genders are welcome.
- We welcome inline skaters. Skateboards, scooters and heelys are not allowed.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
- Published event times reflect venue availability time - you may be asked to remove your skates up to 15 minutes before the published end time in order for us to clear the venue on time.
- We are happy to refund/reschedule tickets if you tell us by email more than 24 hours in advance of the class. Please email email@example.com We are not able to accept cancellations via social media DMs.
- By booking you accept our cancellation, COVID and respect policies as well as our liability waiver
- You undertake all activity at your own risk. Roller Girl Gang cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury.
By booking a ticket, we will assume you are well and there are no reasons you should not be roller skating.
It is impossible to provide an exhaustive list of conditions which would prevent you from skating. If you are in any doubt regarding your fitness to skate, please consult a medical professional before booking a ticket.
If you feel you have a reason, medical or otherwise that your skating ability may be impaired, you must inform a member of the RGG team at the start of the session
If after talking with a member of the team you decide not to skate, no refund will be given unless the required 24 hr notice period has been met.
- If you have been exposed to Coronavirus, please follow the latest government guidelines for advice on whether you should attend
- If unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your health care provider.
- COVID safety procedures may change at short notice due to changing government guidelines or differing policies across our venues. Please respect our staff and volunteers by following any directions given by them to help keep everybody safe.
Skate Skills workshop 14+
Regular class on Sundays 5pm - 7pm Ramgarhia Sikh Sports Centre Chapeltown Rd, Leeds LS7 3AP, UK£12.00