Sun, 27 Jun|
Bodington Playing Fields - University of
Sunday 27th June WHOLE TRACK
Please check the session and time carefully as tickets cannot be swapped or refunded. All levels welcome, beginners and less confident skaters particularly welcome :)
Time & Location
27 Jun 2021, 10:00 – 12:00
Bodington Playing Fields - University of, Bodington Ave, Adel, Leeds LS16 8NA, UK
About The Event
Regular Sunday Skills sessions.
From this week we will have the entire mile of track to ourselves!
Guide to tickets:
Skate only (2 hours) Stay up to 2 hours and roll around the loop, up and down that dreamy hill. 10am - 12 noon
Skate + workshops Join in with any of the workshops run by our instructor team.
Workshops: Skate fundamentals for absolute beginners, Skate tricks - shoot the duck (all levels), skate backwards and transitions(all levels), Stopping (all levels), Sprinting (intermediate/advanced).
Everyone will enter using the main gate to the track, rather than using the footbridge, and we will have a kit-on area more central to the whole track. Don't worry, our marshalls will be there to guide you.
Right next to our kitting on space will be a space for absolute beginners. Please book the workshop ticket. Mention to the marshalls as you check in that you would like to join this workshop, and the team will make sure you are in the right area. We will run this 30 minute workshop straight away.
We will also be running a one-way system on the hill, to ensure everyone is safe.
Please skate within your limits - the higher you go on the hill, the more control you should have. We expect the more confident skaters going to the top of the hill to be able to safely stop or avoid less confident skaters using the hill. If you are working on building your confidence on the hill, please mention this to one of our skate team, who will be happy to assist you down the hill.
We welcome all levels of roller skater or inline skater. Our guided sessions are particularly appropriate for:
- inexperienced roller skaters who would like more guidance and to build their confidence.
- inexperienced roller skaters who would like to improve their technique.
- inexperienced roller skaters who would like ideas about what they can practise.
- more experienced skaters who would like to refresh their technique or build their confidence.
- skaters of all levels who would like to connect with other members of the local skate community.
Facilitated Skate Practise:
Using the 300m smooth oval track, that is fairly flat (there is a very slight incline that you can't see, but on skates you feel it), our instructors will support you to improve your skills while you skate. They will run mini workshops throughout the session and support you with your skills. For example crossovers, rolling outside, skating backwards or even skate tricks. We expect to will be able to provide some individual and small group support within the larger group during this session.
All levels welcome.
Super-Powered Skills Practise:
Using some of the flat parts of the track, our instructors will support smaller groups to practise particular skills. We will include slalom work, stops and falls, starting to skate on hills, backwards skating, jumping and more. Each week there will be three workshops and all groups will rotate to do all three during the session.
All levels welcome.
Please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of booking below:
Terms and Conditions of Booking:
- All sessions must be booked in advance. We are unable to take payments on the door.
- £7.50 per 1 hour session. We are not able to offer discounts at this time, but hope to in the future.
- Please be sure you can attend, as we cannot refund you for missing the class for any reason.
- You must have all your own equipment to use the track. At the moment, we are not able to loan equipment. We hope to be able to do this later in the year.
- All track users must wear a helmet. This is stipulated by Bodington Fields, and forms part of our risk assessment. If you arrive without a helmet, you will be refused entry and no refund will be given.
- Sessions are for age 16+ only. Once we are allowed to, we will offer social skate sessions suitable for all ages.
- Please bring a face mask in case you are unable to adequately socially distance. Masks must be worn inside the reception building (if you need to use the toilets.) We encourage all track users to continue to practise social distancing, while the vaccination programme continues to roll out.
- Skating is only allowed on the track. Please carry your skates to the track from the car park.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
Do not attend OR participate in group/team sports or practice if:
- You are feeling ill. Symptoms of the coronavirus can include fever (temperature of 100.0 as defined by the CDC), cough, difficulty breathing, and other symptoms as outlined by the NHS website.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
- If unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your health care provider.
Skate + workshops
Suitable for all levels. Age 16+ Access to workshops as well as skating.£12.00
Suitable for all levels. Age 16+ Skating only. Access to the loop, connecting straight and the hill.£10.00