Sun, 04 Jul|
Bodington Playing Fields - University of
Sunday 4th July (Family Friendly session)
ONE OFF SESSION at 11am - 1pm All levels welcome, beginners and less confident skaters particularly welcome :)
Time & Location
04 Jul 2021, 11:00 – 13:00
Bodington Playing Fields - University of, Bodington Ave, Adel, Leeds LS16 8NA, UK
About The Event
Regular Sunday Skills sessions. These sessions are ending in July, so catch them while you can!
Guide to tickets:
Adult Skate only (2 hours) age 16+ Stay up to 2 hours and roll around the loop, up and down that dreamy hill.
Adult Skate + workshops age 16+ Join in with any of the workshops run by our instructor team.
Family skate This admits one adult + one child aged 5-15 (we know that skating with a small person is different to skating on your own)
Children under 5 skate for free with a paying adult.
What workshops do we run?
- Skate fundamentals for absolute beginners
- Skate skill workshops: Slalom and footwork, stopping, hill confidence
- Any skate skills you would like us to run through, just ask!
What happens on the day?
Everyone will enter using the main gate to the track, rather than using the footbridge, and we will have a kit-on area more central to the whole track. Don't worry, our marshalls will be there to guide you.
We will usually pop our loud music on to get you energised on Sunday morning and then give a short safety briefing.
Children aged 15 and under must be supervised by their adult at all times. Accompanying adults can be on or off roller skates / inline skates.
We will also be running a one-way system on the hill, to ensure everyone is safe.
Please skate within your limits - the higher you go on the hill, the more control you should have. We expect the more confident skaters going to the top of the hill to be able to safely stop or avoid less confident skaters using the hill. If you are working on building your confidence on the hill, please mention this to one of our skate team, who will be happy to assist you down the hill.
We welcome all levels of roller skater or inline skater. Our guided sessions are particularly appropriate for:
- inexperienced roller skaters who would like more guidance and to build their confidence.
- inexperienced roller skaters who would like to improve their technique.
- inexperienced roller skaters who would like ideas about what they can practise.
- more experienced skaters who would like to refresh their technique or build their confidence.
- skaters of all levels who would like to connect with other members of the local skate community.
Please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of booking below:
Terms and Conditions of Booking:
- All sessions must be booked in advance. We are unable to take payments on the door.
- Please be sure you can attend, as we cannot refund you for missing the class for any reason.
- You must have all your own equipment to use the track. At the moment, we are not able to loan equipment. We hope to be able to do this later in the year.
- All track users must wear a helmet. This is stipulated by Bodington Fields, and forms part of our risk assessment. If you arrive without a helmet, you will be refused entry and no refund will be given.
- Sessions are for age 16+ only. Once we are allowed to, we will offer social skate sessions suitable for all ages.
- Please bring a face mask in case you are unable to adequately socially distance. Masks must be worn inside the reception building (if you need to use the toilets.) We encourage all track users to continue to practise social distancing, while the vaccination programme continues to roll out.
- Skating is only allowed on the track. Please carry your skates to the track from the car park.
- You authorise Roller Girl Gang to take photographs and video of the session to share on their website and social media. Please speak to instructors or marshalls at the session if you do not wish your image to be included.
Do not attend OR participate in group/team sports or practice if:
- You are feeling ill. Symptoms of the coronavirus can include fever (temperature of 100.0 as defined by the CDC), cough, difficulty breathing, and other symptoms as outlined by the NHS website.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
- If unsure about whether to attend or participate in practice due to possible symptoms OR exposure, it is recommended you contact your health care provider.
Skate + workshops 16+
Suitable for all levels. Age 16+ Access to any of our workshops as well as skating.£12.00
Skate only 16+
Suitable for all levels. Age 16+ Skating only. Access to the loop, connecting straight and the hill.£10.00
Adult + Child
One adult and one child aged 5-15 Skating on the whole track and workshops included£12.00